|THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL
COLLEGE HALL OF FAME
Walter J. Zable/San Diego Chapter
|July 29, 1999|
Present: Jeff Abrams, Dennis Ackerman, Bob Babich, Steve Brand, Allen C. Brown, Bill Christopher, Chet DeVore, Barry Humphrey, Brian Fogarty, Spike Harvey, Jerry Ringer, Steve Smith, Walt Zable and guest Steve Haynes.
Absent: Andy Anderson, George Brown, Carole Eigner, Sid Gillman, Don Macek, Kevin McGarry, Dennis McKnight, Mark Osman, Jerry Ralph, Brian Sexton, Ted Tollner.
1) Jerry Ringer welcomed everyone. Minutes from the July 1st meeting were reviewed and approved with the following action items.
a) Jeff Abrams reported that selection committee would meet again today. Would have revised selection process ready for board vote at next meeting.
2) Review of August 16, 1999 golf tournament - Bob Babich chair
a) Committee assignment - Registration: Carole Eigner, Jeff Abrams, Brian Sexton, Allen C. Brown (credit card machine); Raffle tickets and mulligans: Chet DeVore, Spike Harvey; Raffle and auction: Barry Humphrey; Tee prizes: Rick Monette, Jerry Ringer and Jerry Ralph.
3) MVP Program - Jeff Abrams
a) Ten games were picked by Steve Brand and Jeff Abrams. They are
4) Coryell and White are new chapter Hall of Famers.
a) Jerry Ringer is still working with Jim Herrick at SDSU on the Oct. 9th event at the Q for Coryell and White.
5) The year 2000 awards banquet will be held at the Doubletree Hotel in Mission Valley, March 17. Contract confirmed.
6) Jerry advised board that their nomination for Regional Chapter Leader was Bob Keropian. However, Joe Kearney was picked.
7) Will produce two chapter newsletters: one in the middle of Sept. and one in early Oct. to talk about MVP program, and an item on Athletes in Action.
8) There was no report on National from Walt Zable, because next board meeting is set for Aug. 13 at Hall of Fame. Will have report at next board meeting.
9) New Business:
a) Bob Babich read nice personalized note Bob Casciola sent to the board, reluctantly declining our invitation to play in this year’s golf tournament .
10) There was no other new business.
Meeting adjourned at 1:10 p.m.
|Back to TEXT-ONLY Table of Contents||Back to GRAPHICAL Table of Contents|